Launching our new business unit Viroclinics Xellerate
Viroclinics-DDL, today (September 3rd, 2021) announced the launch of Viroclinics Xellerate, a newly formed Business Unit focused on clinical trial support and global logistics services.
Viroclinics Xellerate’s team – formerly known as Clinical Trial Operations/Global Logistics – will continue to drive value for customers, strategic partners and employees through existing and new services.
Since the initial launch of the clinical trial support services department in 2013, many additional solutions have been established, including:
- A customized COVID-19 cold chain, including multi-sourcing strategies and contingency plans to guarantee global accessibility, during the pandemic;
- A tailormade supply chain for global multi-center gene therapy studies;
- A growing network of processing laboratories (currently 35) in Europe, South America, North America, Africa, Middle East and Asia.
Viroclinics Xellerate will be led by general manager Marc van Pruijssen most recently Director Global Logistics and will work with functions across the organization in five key areas:
- Sample and test kit design, production and distribution
- Customized global cold chain design and distribution including specialized sample logistics
- Global processing laboratory networks
- Specialty logistics and processing solutions for gene therapy clients
- And many other tailor-made supply chain services
The new business unit, provides a unique opportunity to boost operational capacity and develop a broader service base, tailored around specialty clinical trial and global logistics services. In the future customers will benefit from an increased service portfolio, including real time data insight and clinical trial monitoring software solutions. The launch of Viroclinics Xellerate is in line with our growth strategy and vision to become the leading immunology and virology focused contract research organization.